Tonight I’m starting my new series about being an empath. This can be a gift and a curse!! I’ve been an empath all my life. When I was young I always heard “You’re too sensitive”! “You need a thick skin”! Well actually I still hear it but I don’t think there’s something wrong with me now! I know what it is! Empaths can also jump jobs because we don’t do well with confrontation. When the going gets rough we’re outta there! I’m going to list a checklist to find out if you are an Empath. In the coming weeks will talk about handling our emotions, shielding and grounding, meditation and just plan how to cope.
- Have you been labeled overly sensitive and take things personally?
- Do arguments make you ill?
- Do you feel like you don’t fit in?
- Am I drained by events and crowds like going to the mall or festivals?
- Are you over stimulated by noise?
- Are you sensitive to chemicals
- Do you take your own car to places so you have control and can leave early if you want to?
- Are you an emotional eater?
- Do you have a low pain threshold?
- Do you absorb other people’s emotions?
- Do you need to recuperate after a big social event?
- Do you prefer small groups to large ones?
- Do you suffer from depression and anxiety?
If you answer to even half of these you may be an Empath! How exciting! What exactly is an Empath? An Empath is someone that is sensitive to energy vibrations and also most likely have abilities. They’re sensitive to the moon phases and any changes in the universe. It’s a curse when you suffer from depression and anxiety and can be very debilitating. A lot of Empaths may be substance abusers because they feel too much. Stay tuned to next weeks blog and we will talk about shielding and grounding!!